New Product: Galvanised steel helical lock-seam Tubing
This is a great product with a long history of being used successfully in the Construction industry globally and now it is finally being produced locally here in Singapore for our local Singapore and other Asian Construction markets.
As can be seen from the picture above using a patented helical lock seam tube rolling machine the former tube is produced using a thin gauge galvanised steel sheet (0.6mm to 1.2mm thick x approx. 127mm wide) rolled out, pressed and jointed continuously in a helical spiral to form a durable steel tube of any diameter required (currently to max 1.6m). As this product can be manufactured in continuous lengths the only limit on the length of tube produced is transport in and around Singapore, see below for the recommended uses and product advantages.
Tubing for the Civil Construction industry (see pictures)
- Bored Pile Liner tubing
- Sacrificial Column / Pier formwork
- Cast-in pre-cast concrete void former tubes (in pre-cast beams and deck slabs)
- Cast-in void formers (through walls)
- Cast-in post tensioning strand ducting
- As a bored pile liner tube it can be manufactured to maximum length (transport / on site handling dependant) and simply joined on site or depending on the size and volume / total tonnage of the order our machine can be relocated and set up on your site for a continuous length of tube just ask us for options.
- As sacrificial column formwork it is light, easy to handle, install and join and also simple to use and strip on any project site. This leads to big savings in time and cost when compared to setting up and installing traditional formwork. In most cases installing the sacrificial formwork tubing can be done by a team of workers eliminating a crane tied up to install.
- As sacrificial formwork it can also be effortlessly produced in any diameter up to 1.6m so no need for expensive specialised column formwork to be purchased or made this also leads to massive time and cost savings as you don’t have to plan for lengthy procurement time and negotiation.
- Production of the tubing in Singapore is very quick (depending on volume / timing) so orders can be produced quickly and delivered to your site when you need it most saving you again valuable time and cost and eliminating long term on site storage space.
- When used as sacrificial formwork after curing the steel former tube is easy to strip and the waste metal strip is fully recyclable – clean and Green + $ back for scrap.
- Galvanised steel tubing ensures a long lasting durable product if cast in or if required to be stored on the project site leading again to big cost savings
- As post tensioned strand ducting this tubing can be produced quickly and to your on-site requirements, the corrugations and profile of the steel tubing make it ideal to cast in then grout fill to form a perfectly integral structural element for any post-tensioned system.
- Relatively light weight of the tubing means that it can be easily handled manually by workers on site in most cases eliminating crane usage for handling and installing.
- Overall length of tubing here in Singapore is limited to trailer transport ie 12m to 14m
- Maximum height of column formwork limited by tube base metal thickness of 1.2mm – ask us for product guides and tables.
- Maximum column / pier diameter limited to max 1.6m however other diameters up to max 2.4m diameter may be available depending on the total order quantity and timing it is required.
Tubing for the Building Industry
- Column formwork or cast in ducting
- Air conditioning / Ventilation ducting (+ve pressure)
- Exhaust ducting (-ve pressure)
- Architectural finishes and features (removable pvc / poly column liner for textured off form finishes)
- As column formwork and / or cast in ducting refer to the highlighted advantages and cost savings in the general Civil Construction Section above.
- As air conditioning / ventilation ducting the durable helical lock seam tubing can be readily produced in maximum lengths to your specific diameters required allowing ultimate flexibility on site. The product can be joined quickly and can also be painted or left unpainted as required depending on your architectural requirements leading to valuable time and cost savings.
- When used as AC / exhaust ducting the lock seamed tubing can be readily modified and cut on site to suit your buildings requirements or restrictions.
- Ventilator openings and screens can be added quickly and safely on site to suite your design.
- A range of corrugations and profiles are available for the product just ask us for a brochure and guide – design flexibility and aesthetically pleasing.
- Galvanised steel tubing ensures a long lasting durable product however other materials may be available such as light gauge SS to suite your architectural requirements and finishes just ask us for information
- As noted in Section 1 above the overall length of tubing is limited to trailer transport ie 12m to 14m
- Ask us for more information regarding available AC / exhaust duct sizes.
- Ask us for a range of textured pier column removable liners for your particular architectural finish.
How can Adda-TA Help You?
As this is a relatively new product here in Singapore we at Adda-TA Pte Ltd have joined forces with the manufacturer AP-Spiral to assist them with market development and Engineering and you with technical and project assistance for their new helical lock seam tubing product range assistance such as:
- Scoping your project (or tender) and developing your specific project requirements. This will help you to select the optimum product size and range required for your individual project.
- Assist you with initial on-site installations and train your construction team to use the product safely and effectively.
- Assist your engineers and tender team to get the most cost effective solution to help win and build that project.
- Assist with any on-site fabrication and operation setup if the AP-spiral equipment is required to go to an on-site setup (large volume projects only).
Contact Us Today
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact me direct at: email@example.com